Palazzo della Ragione

Piazza Erbe, 46100 Mantova MN, Italy

+39 0376 288208
|||::
Piazza Erbe, 46100 Mantova MN, Italy

Built in 1250, it marks the completion of construction and urban planning in the area, and was therefore also referred to as Palazzo Nuovo. Luca Fancelli was responsible for establishing the general layout of the building, and directing the façade towards Piazza Erbe, thus creating uniformity in the complex. The structure, typical of buildings intended for judicial purposes, contains a single hall on the upper floor, where the judges’ benches were located. Below, on the ground floor, there were workshops, shops, and attorney’s offices. The frescoes in the upper hall date back to the end of the Thirteenth century.

Older eventsNext events